Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Energy and Lack Thereof

The guy in front of me in line at a convenience store this morning bought four big cans of energy drink.

I have no idea what kind of activity would require four cans of energy drink, but I will tell you plainly that I am not interested. I will walk away immediately. I would run, but obviously that would require too much energy.

He was young, too. He bought four cans of Bodacious Ass-Kicking Rocket Fuel and I don't even think he was twenty.

Energy drink is wasted on the young. The young work at lighthouses, and their energy is the ocean, and anywhere they swing the spotlight they see water. Hit forty and you're standing on top of a building in San Francisco during WWII, scanning the sky with binoculars for Japanese Zeros that will never come.

Site Meter