Friday, April 08, 2005

'Just a Minute' Results

Thanks for all the submissions I received for the “Just a Minute” survey. Here are the results:
For the people who identified themselves as always (or almost always) being early, they thought a minute lasted::39, :40, :43, :45, :47, :47, :48, :48, :50, :51, :52, :54:, :55, :55, :56, :58, :58, :59, :59.5, 1:00, 1:02, 1:03, 1:07, 1:25.

No pattern there or anything. Not at all. If it wasn’t for Matthew Kreuch’s 1:25, it would be almost flawless.

Robert Brand was the perfect time, by the way.

For the people who identified themselves (or were identified by others, in most cases) as “laters,” here are there times:1:06, 1:09, 1:12, 1:14, 1:15, 1:18.

I’d like to say that’s a perfect score, but I left out one entry. This last entry serves two purposes: one, it proves that not all laters think a minute lasts longer than it does, and more importantly, it proves that Matthew Kreuch’s watch wasn’t slow, because this time is for his wife:

:47.

Being a later and thinking a minute lasts forty-seven seconds is a combination worthy of a Möbius strip.

The best story, though, was submitted by DQ reader John DiMinno:
My wife is a later. She knows it. I know it. She hates that I know that she knows that I know she knows.
I read her the “One Minute” blog although she was getting a kick out of it the look I was getting was priceless.
So I asked her I did, “Would you like to test how long your minute is?”
With a big grin and a flick of ‘the bird’ she said…”This is how long a minute is.”
I couldn’t stop laughing.

Site Meter