Thursday, August 21, 2014

Detroit! (part 3)

Remember cherries? I got a picture from a menu. Thanks to some oddity in Blogger, this picture is showing up with the wrong rotation, but just turn your head and be amazed:


A burger--with cherries! And like I said, I love cherries, but philosophical objection raised.

OUR FRIENDS
We have friends in Trenton because of goalie camp, and they are some of the nicest people I've ever met. They also have a wonderful seven-year-old boy, and I believe this is his whiteboard:


I believe that is a list of imaginary opponents defeated in some kind of sporting endeavor. How many of us did that? I know I did.

THE TIGERS
On Sunday, we went to the Tigers game. We always go to the Tigers game on Sunday, and it's always hot. It was only 80 and sunny, but it was still hot.

One of the problems with baseball is that so few people at a baseball game actually watch the baseball game. I went out after the third inning, and here's what I saw:


Did they rush back to their seats when the fourth inning started? No. There were about 40,000 at the game, and at any single moment, I swear that at least 15,000 weren't in their seats.

Don't even get me started about watching pro baseball in person. It's not good. It makes drying paint look like speedboat racing.

The stadiums, though, are wonderful, and in Detroit, the baseball and football stadiums are very close. How close? This close:


RANDOM STORY INSERT
Eli has a friend that he spent the night with a few weeks ago. His friend needs glasses, and just got a pair, but he doesn't wear them. At least, he doesn't wear them until it's time for bed--and then he puts them on. "What are you doing?" Eli asked.

"I need glasses to see," his friend said.

"What do you need to see when you're sleeping?" Eli asked.

TAKE A LITTLE TRIP WITH ME
We were walking along the waterfront after the game and I saw one of the finest low rider bicycles ever. All chrome, handlebars up so high that the rider could barely reach them, and a gigantic boom box on the back, blasting out music. The walkways were crowded, but the sea parted when he rode through. It was fantastic.

THANKS FOR THAT
Eli said something about my "immense mass" at one point. "Thank you for adding the 'm'," I said.

Site Meter