Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Cleaners and Bandits and Rats, Oh My

There's a station on Sirius XM called "Electric Area" that is dedicated to electronic/dance/house music.

Actually, there are several, but Eli 13.2 and I listen to this one in particular. If he's headed to practice and needs a little energy, we put on that station and listen to music at 128 beats per minute.

Instant energy transfusion.

Plus, and this is the best part, as soon as the music starts playing, we both start bobbing our heads like we're in "Night at the Roxbury." I like that feeling so much that I will occasionally put the station on, even when Eli isn't in the car with me.

It's not really music that I enjoy. It's just the energy that can be drawn from the music.

Today, I turned it on, and incredibly, I actually heard a song I kind of liked. I looked on the display and it read "Clean Bandit-Rat". Okay, that's kind of an odd name for a band, but this is house music. So I forced myself to remember, because I wanted to hear the whole song.

Clean Bandit-Rat. What a name.

When I got home and looked up the song, I discovered that there is, in fact, no band named "Clean Bandit-Rat". There is, however a band named "Clean Bandit", and they have a hugely popular song called "Rather Be".

Oops. Maybe they'll consider changing their name.


Site Meter